Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Finance Manager
Ellis is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager with Cost Accounting and manufacturing
experience with the desire and capability to manage and provide leadership to the Accounting
Department on a daily basis. This individual should possess a strong accounting background,
strong analytical skills, spreadsheet experience, cost accounting knowledge and experience in
the preparation of financial statements, reporting, and financial analysis.
Other responsibilities include oversight of the routine accounting operations, which includes
financial statement preparation, cost accounting, preparing journal entries, account
reconciliations, A/R, A/P and payroll.
The Accounting Manager position exercises supervision over employees in Payroll, Accounts
Payable and Accounts Receivable. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages and coordinates the process of closing the monthly general ledger, including
the preparation of the financial statements, consolidated reporting, Cash Flow forecasts
and monthly financial statement forecasting.
- Assists the Finance Manager in the budget preparation and forecast of the current year
- Prepares account reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts each month end.
- Manage internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with
generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other statutory requirements.
- Maintains the internal controls of the company and updates the controls as systems or
processes are modified. Manages the annual audit activities with external auditors.
- Coordinates the detailed analysis and review of the complete inventory, significant
balance sheet account analysis, including accruals, and signs-off on specific material
general ledger journal entries as part of the monthly close process. Reviews and
analyzes the inventory cost center rates annually / as needed.
- Assists the Finance Manager in managing and optimizing cash flow by maintaining daily
and monthly bank reconciliations for all banks and loans, manage incoming outgoing
wire and ACH payments.
- Perform ad hoc financial modeling to support existing and new business decisions.
- Works with the Finance Manager to direct and coordinate the physical inventory
process, financial tax reporting, fixed asset reporting, reconciliation to general ledger
and monthly sales and use tax analysis and reporting for the US and Canada.
- Manages and provides leadership for the daily routine activities of the Accounting
Department, including setting direction for the department, developing staff as
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that
reflects Ellis Corporation Core Values, is external and internal customer focused with
external clients and employees.
- Diligently supports cultural behaviors. Specifically, supports operations in financial
analysis for lean and cost improvement projects. Directs opportunities within the
Accounting Department to drive out non-value-added-activities.
- Supports the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values statements.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related work, as required and/or as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Well versed in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years manufacturing or related experience preferred
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) and accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage integrated applications
- PC literate and proficient with MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills
- The ability to lead, collaborate, influence and build relationships with all levels of the
- organization and manage a team to implement new projects
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to lead and work as a member of a team
40 Hour Work Week – Full Time; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Medical, dental & vision
- 401k with employer match
- Short & long term disability plans
- Life insurance
- Health savings accounts
- Employee assistance program
The work of the Accounting Manager is a highly responsible position which requires mental
acuity. The Accounting Manager will be required to do general office tasks, sit for an hour or
more, speak, hear, stand, walk, balance, stoop, squat, bend, and/or kneel. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Stand||(Occasionally)||10 lbs. or less (Occasionally)|
|Walk||(Occasionally)||11-20 lbs. (Occasionally)|
|Sit||(Constantly)||21-50 lbs. (Rarely)|
|Handling/Gripping||(Frequently)||51-100 lbs. (Not Applicable)|
|Reach Outward||(Frequently)||Over 100 lbs. (Not Applicable)|
|Reach Above Shoulder||(Occasionally)||Push/Pull|
|Climb||(Rarely)||12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)|
|Crawl||(Rarely)||13-25 lbs. (Occasionally)|
|Squat or Kneel||(Frequently)||26-60 lbs. (Rarely)|
|Bend||(Frequently)||61-100 lbs. (Not Applicable)|
The Accounting Manager will sometimes be exposed to inclement weather and other elements,
including dust, dirt, and varying degrees of heat and cold.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the ability or right of Ellis Corporation to assign,
reassign or eliminate the duties and responsibilities of this job either orally or in writing. Tasks
and responsibilities may be changed at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other
reasons deemed appropriate by management. This Job Description does not constitute an
Employment Agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change,
according to the business needs of the Company.
Ellis Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified employees will receive consideration for employment advancement and/or
promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Employees are encouraged to view the EEO Law Poster located in the Employee Lunchroom
which serves to inform employees of their equal employment opportunity protections as part
of the application process.