Smooth operations are what Equalization Tanks can provide your wastewater treatment process. EQ tanks are used in many industrial applications to reduce the peaks and flows in wastewater discharges from the production area as well as the pollutant loadings. Wastewater treatment systems perform best when the flow rate and pollutant loadings are maintained at relatively consistent levels. Quite often during sanitation periods or equipment maintenance breakdown, high concentrations of pollutants or high volumes are water are sent to the wastewater treatment system. In many applications, the wastewater operator is part of the maintenance or sanitation crew and doesn’t have to watch the wastewater treatment system during repairs and clean up. Poor chemical treatment and operations could occur leading to non-compliance incidents.
HOW IT WORKS
Equalization of wastewater is a vital part of treatment process management systems and for the minimization and control of inconsistencies in wastewater. The equalization of contaminants and flow are engineered to deliver a constant rate of flow and contaminants to the treatment process. Larger equalization tanks provide a solution and to reduce the impact of batch dumps and unwanted discharges. Aeration Blowers provide energy to maximize the suspension of solids in the wastewater to ensure a homogenized wastestream flowing into the treatment system. This equipment has been proven to be more energy effliecent and have lower maintenance than mechanical mixing.
Benefits of Equalization Include:
- Substantial reduction in chemical costs associated with pH fluctuations or where coagulants and flocculants are required for solids removal.
- Smaller downstream treatment components. Downstream treatment components do not have to be sized to handle instantaneous flow peaks.
- Ease of operations. EQ substantially reduces process adjustments required in day-to-day operations.
STANDARD EQUALIZATION TANK
- Bolt Together Steel Construction
- Silica/Zirconium Liquid Seal prior to coating for additional corrosion protection prior to interior/exterior coating applications
- Factory Powder Coated interior and exterior
- Flat Bottom
- Domed Top
- Galvanized ladder with safety cage & lockable entry
- Galvanized five foot perimeter guard rail on each side of the exterior ladder
- Liquid Level Indicator for specified tank height
EQUALIZATION TANK OPTIONS
- Stainless Steel Welded Equalization Tank
- Aeration Mixing Systems with Aeration Blower, Stainless Steel Headers and Diffusers
- Exterior Tank Side Level Indicator