Ellis Corporation, in Itasca, IL is looking for a part-time Staff Accountant to join our Finance Department! The Staff Accountant is responsible for monthly reconciliations and journal entries, and will ultimately be responsible for manufacturing cost analysis, general ledger analysis and other accounting functions. The ideal candidate holds a B.S. in Accounting (or relevant degree), has strong attention to detail, and superb analytical skills.
- Assist in the monthly close process to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting including the preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with preparation for year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed Asset/Depreciation schedules
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assist with cost analysis on new projects to help determine accurate pricing; Cost reviews after project completion
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and MRP software
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management
- Data entry management and analytical skills
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
This is a part-time role that is ideal for someone who only wants to take on 20 hours per week. We offer a flexible schedule to work with you!
This role will initially be 80% on-site in Itasca, IL, but may eventually be up to 50% remote.